Research Structure 1 – Laboratory teaching and curriculum innovation – Linguistic/humanistic area
Academic research in the linguistic-humanistic area does not always translate its results for school use.
The research of the Structure explores the link between these two worlds starting from the idea that methodology, strategies and tools must be connected to the disciplinary field. The study and analysis of the teaching practice, understood as a whole, made up of the components resulting from teaching and learning dynamics, take a central role.
Disciplinary teaching in the humanities area sometimes operates on contents that sector research has reviewed or even overcame, creating a gap between the state of the art of the disciplines and the teaching contents. The goal is to reconnect teaching practice with disciplinary research, in order to offer teachers tools to support a more conscious choice of the essential issues of school subjects and their interdisciplinary connections.
- Developing proposals, models and methodologies that can support laboratory teaching in the specific disciplinary field, also in connection with other disciplines;
- Identifying and testing approaches that guide the choice of the core aspects of the disciplines and that can also favour interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary connections;
- Designing, selecting and disseminating significant and exemplary teaching practices of linguistic-humanistic disciplines;
- As part of the third mission, carrying out large-scale training actions, designed starting from the results of the research.
- What representative contents of the evolution of the disciplines can be identified as fundamental for the construction of curricular teaching?
- Which methodologies support the mediation of fundamental disciplinary contents leading to an active and conscious development of knowledge and skills?
- Which models of teacher training can support a teaching method that approaches the disciplinary nuclei identified through specific methodologies?
Context – Target population
The actions of the Structure are oriented towards the schools of the first and second cycle, with particular attention to supporting the professional development of teachers.
Institutional collaborations and research collaborations
- University of Milan Bicocca
- Educational Cooperation Movement (MCE)
- Tuscany Region, USR Tuscany, University of Perugia, CEPELL