Making innovation visible
Codice progetto: 10.2.7.A3-FSEPON-INDIRE-2017-1
Project Code: 10.2.7.A3 – ESFNOP- INDIRE-2017-1
Axis I “investing in competences, education and lifelong learning”
SO 10.2 – “Enhancement of key competences of students also through the support of the development of the skills of teachers, trainers and staff”
Action 10.2.7 – System actions for the definition of models, contents and innovative methods (adaptable to the local context)”
Duration of the project: from 01/01/2016 to 31/12/2018
Extension of activities until 31/12/2019
Referent for the project and the line of research – Francesca Davida Pizzigoni
Francesca Davida Pizzigoni
Since 2016, the project “Making innovation visible” is funded by the European structural funds as part of the multi-fund National Operational Programme (2014IT05M2OP001) “For schools – competences and learning environments” 2014 – 2020, financed under Axis I – “investing in competences, education and lifelong learning”.
The project aims to draw up new formats for the documentation of innovation experiences carried out in schools, and investigates the tools to be used for effective documentation of innovation processes in schools, with the aim of spreading them and identifying their specific characteristics. Therefore, it aims to create a system for interactive multimedia documentation to support, spread and generate educational innovation by documenting the transformation of didactic and organisational models in schools, in line with SO 10.2 – “Enhancement of key competences of students also through the support of the development of the skills of teachers, trainers and staff”. To this end, special attention is given to potentials offered by the audio-visual language.
The main gaol of the project is finding solutions regarding:
- describing and reporting about what characterises the class environment starting from the experience of those directly involved.
- defining formats (audio-visual, multimedia, human-machine interaction, social relationship) and effective languages to document the processes related to the transformation of the educational and organizational models of the school;
- defining tools and formats to implement effective “bottom-up” documentation.
Since its foundation, Indire has had a long history of documentation in support of school innovation. In continuity with this vocation and in relation to the mission of the Institute, the project aims to carry out a survey aimed at the designing, prototyping, experimentation and verification of the effectiveness of the dissemination and knowledge transfer tools, related to the processes of innovation within the school system in Italy. In particular, the primary objective of the project is the development, population and maintenance of a video-based online environment for the documentation of innovative teaching practices, so as to make in progress innovation visible and transferable.
To achieve the project objectives, study and reflection activities are accompanied by prototyping and production.
Specifically, the ongoing activities are the study of formats and transmedia design and the development of contents such as:
- MINIMOOC Format: experimentation with prototypes of documentation formats aimed at creating content for in-service training of teachers and/or school stakeholders. Prototyped contents are functional to a strong integration between professional practice and daily teaching.
- Non MINIMOOC format: experimentation with prototypes of documentation formats aimed at creating content for in-service training of teachers and/or school stakeholders, going beyond the logic of teaching practice and class work, to open up to the modelling of processes and documentation practices to support the transformation of the education and training system in the school-work relationship; the modelling of documentation processes and practices relating to student generated learning; the modelling of documentation processes and practices in support of organizational transformation, learning environments and tools (time, disciplines, methods); and live events on the channel.
- Development of an ad hoc learning and content management platform: designing of a video-based online environment for self-training to innovative teaching practices responding to a double top-down and bottom-up logic.
- Development of metadata sets and ontologies for the semantic description of contents.
- Validation of the formats.
- Communication, enhancement, and dissemination of results.