Shared leadership for the school that learns
The research project runs in continuity with the European Learning Leadership for Change (L2C) project in which the Institute participated as a partner, and whose focus is linked to the theme of Shared Leadership. The Shared Leadership project for the school that learns, adopts its structure, the organisation in phases and part of the tools and training content, adapting them to the Italian school system. Moreover, the addition of dedicated research actions aimed at understanding the repercussions of the training and accompaniment activities on the strategic design and construction skills of a Professional Learning Community.
- To experiment with a participatory school governance model through the recognition, enhancement and dissemination of shared leadership practices.
- To promote non-formal roles of intermediate leadership by involving students, parents and other stakeholders in the area. Specifically, the intent is to promote youth-led actions or actions involving the active participation of students in the school’s decision-making process.
- To promote collaboration and sharing to improve the overall school climate, and teachers’ and students’ satisfaction.
The project is aimed at up to 10 schools (first and second cycle), spread throughout Italy, which meet the following characteristics:
- a strong interest in project issues;
- the motivation to implement shared leadership practices;
- previous involvement in projects promoted by INDIRE or participation in school networks with which Structure 11 has ongoing collaboration agreements;
- a willingness to disseminate the project in the school.